The OECD launches its Global Forum on VAT as a unique platform for a worldwide dialogue on the design and operation of VAT, notably addressing issues of double taxation and unintended non taxation.
It will offer an opportunity for sharing policy analysis and experience, for identifying best practices and strengthening international co-operation among representatives from industrialised, emerging and developing countries.
Participants will explore key policy trends and their impact for tax administrations and businesses. They will discuss the design of efficient and equitable VAT systems and compare approaches. They will look at the challenges of applying VAT in an international context and consider the OECD International VAT/GST Guidelines that are being developed as a set of international standards to minimise double taxation and unintended non taxation. They will share views and experiences about the challenge of administering and complying with VAT in practice.
This first meeting of the OECD Global Forum on VAT is aimed at senior tax officials and representatives of international organisations and participation is upon invitation only. Academics and business representatives will also be invited to participate.
The First Global Forum on VAT will take place in Paris, France on 7-8 November 2012. The programme and other key documents as well as logistical information will be made available shortly on this webpage.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- How Internal Audit could contribute value in realizing indirect tax objectives? (indirecttaxtechnology.com)
- Indirect Tax Can Drive Costs For Shared Service Centers (indirecttaxtechnology.com)
- How Internal Audit could contribute value in realizing indirect tax objectives? (richardcornelisse.com)
- The KEY Group measures Indirect Tax Performance and improves where necessary (richardcornelisse.com)
- The Commission accused of tolerating corruption and fraud in taxation (europeansting.com)
- Bulgaria among EU’s best performers against ‘VAT gap’ (sofiaglobe.com)